Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"We set a baptismal date for Feb. 15"

 

 
 
This week was pretty sweet! Finished up the transfer, and we actually had a super great one.
We set a baptismal date for Feb 15 with Cindy and Karen. They're sisters and they've come to church three times now. Cindy was basically telling us "I'm reading, and praying, and going to church, so I just want to know what's next!" So I think they finally are feeling comfortable with baptism.

We're trying to help Ivonne stop smoking right now. She has a baptismal date for Feb. 15 too, so hopefully she can stop smoking before then. I like teaching her a lot though and she always tells us she feels the Spirit when we talk to her. We normally meet with her in her store where she cuts hair, and she actually keeps a BOM there, and has one at home too. And this week we left her to read Mosiah 18 when we taught her at the store. Then when she went home, she couldn't remember what she marked to read since it was her other book that was marked. Then she looked, and the one at her home that we gave her forever ago was marked in the same spot and so she remembered what to read! So she was stoked about that.

Rafael- we still haven't found his records, but he says that he's received the priesthood and everything. So we're just visiting with him and helping him remember everything from the church.
We're teaching a crack addict right now, so if you have any advice for that, let me know. Because it's tough.

We were fed like 10 times this week. We had double dinners three days in a row, and I was in some pain for a long time. haha But it's better than starving I guess.


 
 
I think that's all I really have this week. Love you and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment