Thursday, August 1, 2013

Last Week at the MTC. . . ."Yo puedo cavarlo"

 
Elder Ah Hoy my ukulele singing buddy.
 
HOLLLAAA!

I'll start off with my new saying: Yo puedo cavarlo. There you go. Use it wisely.

I got my travel plans!!!! I'm leaving on Tuesday!! I'm super pumped to leave and I feel really confident with the language and teaching techniques. All of that is probably going to be gone once I speak to the good 'ol native Spanish speakers, but at least I am confident now. I've gone two full days now with only speaking Spanish the entire day. With exception to talking to people that only spoke in English but that was rare.

I got all of my fake investigators scheduled for baptism! And a marriage too. Too bad it means very little with the fact that they're just my teachers. Two of those baptisms were scheduled within 20 minutes of each other so boom. But really, I want to actually teach people for reals now! And I will be on Tuesday.  What What!!

So here's something I learned this week. My good 'ol companion Elder S said he has never seen a Mexican. Vermont is 98 percent white so apparently he's never feasted eyes upon a real one. I told him I found that hard to believe since our teacher is a native. Haha I guess she looked white to him. He's such a saint he doesn't see people in colors.

I saw Elder Josh McDowell and Elder Grandon Ray! I almost got to host/introduce Elder McDowell when he arrived at the MTC but someone else got him first. But it was fun to help out all of the new guys.

So this morning I got to clean the temple!! It's been closed the entire time we've been here so we got to help clean it. But me and Elder Oakley were privileged enough to be on security!! It was so sick!! We got to wear these giganto security guard badges that looked like WWF wrestling belts. I basically got to scan recommends, and tackle anyone to the ground if they tried anything funny. But luckily we were all clear. I was bummed at first because I wanted to clean the temple, but it turns out I didn't miss out on anything. And I got a tour of all the rooms so yes.

Alright that's it for now! Next time I'll be writing I'll be kicking it on the sweet beaches of Florida baptizing people on my right and sipping pina coladas on my left! Just kidding I'll work hard. Okay peace love you!

Elder MacLay

 

And your also very own, Elder Ray. Actually he was in the last one too.
 
 Don't worry I didn't touch the sister missionaries. Haha

The district that just left. They were the bomb. Including G-town's very own, Elder Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment