Herro herro! This week was kind of rough, in terms of success. Ceaser is going to be out of town working for about a month!! It was the worst news ever since he's basically the third legit person that moved on us. Add him to the list of Rudy and Luis. chispas. It's all good though, he'll come back eventually. Also Raul was in Mississippi this week so we didn't get to teach him. Nobody showed up to church this week out of our investigators, especcially since those two people are our most legit and they were out of town.
We did have a solid lesson with Rigoberto. He's super awesome, and he's been taught for about five months now. He's had a couple different baptismal dates but they always fall through because he always feels he needs more time. So I think he finally gets that he doesn't need to feel perfect to be baptized. And he told us about how he feels energy or something different, like peace or something that he can't describe when he reads the Book or Mormon.
So there's this little kid named Deonte that lives in some apartments by one of our investigators. He's probably like 6 and he came up to us one day outside and just started talking away. He asked us if we did the Jesus stuff, and we told him yes. Then he's like "I thought you were Jason at first. You look like your name's Jason." And he told Elder Bravo that he looks like Carlos, which isn't stereotypical at all. So now every time he sees us he shouts "Hi Jason and Carlos!!" He's a stud.
I translated all of Sacrament meeting and relief society yesterday. It went pretty dang good. I still have a ways to go on my Spanish but I was so pumped because Elder Bravo told me I was probably third best in the mission at Spanish, behind him and Elder Rioslazo. And they're natives, so what up. It was probably more of a diss on the other Spanish elders more than a compliment to me though. There's 12 Spanish missionaries total in the whole mission.
So I don't have a ton to write about this week. It wasn't the most eventful. But we had a decent amount of lessons and stuff. So yep, that's it! Love you guys. Not ya'll. Because I'll continue to refuse to ever say that.
John said that when they were teaching that family he just sat there not understanding a single word (as it was all in Spanish) and it was seriously impressive how fluent Elder MacLay was.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that Kirsten. I guess his four years of Spanish really did help. I know how hard he works at things too, so I am sure that along with the gift of tongues is what is really helping him.
ReplyDelete