| The dollar store mustaches we sent in Elder MacLay's package seem to be a hit! |
Well I'm staying in Fort Walton. Today was transfer day and nothing too crazy happened. Still with Elder Bravo too.
This week was pretty decent! Not the best. Luis is leaving to Ecuador today and his baptism didn't happen. But he'll get baptized one day in Ecuador for sure! I don't know if I said this last week but Rudy isn't going to return from flippin Louisiana for a while and he might have other people teach him there, but wants us to baptize him...? I don't know what's going to happen with him.
We did see Luis earlier this week and had one last lesson with him. He told us he had some other questions so we asked what. And he was like "What's Kolob?" haha We were like man, what the heck has this guy been reading? He had all of these deep doctrine questions he was throwing at us! But I got some pics with him and I'll send those too.
Okay I don't know if I've talked about Raul yet, but he's starting to come to church and he's super solid. He's probably like 40 and he's going to get baptized on October 17! I'm pretty darn confident that one's going to happen. It's on his birthday too. haha He's awesome and he asked us what he needs to do to get baptized like the first lesson.
Ceaser is still solid too! We had a sweet lesson with him, and we asked him if he knew the church was true since he's told us he's received a testimony of the book of Mormon. And he told us that he studied some churches for like a year, but this church feels different. He said he feels our love and when we come over to his house and have lessons he feels good about it. So that was an awesome lesson and the Spirit really does testify to people the truth.
I went to dinner with Brother Berrett this week! He was able to join us in a lesson and take us to dinner since he's down here in the south and is super awesome and nice to support us and come see me. So that was super cool to see someone from my home ward.
We got a new Hispanic family in our ward! So now we are getting some more Hispanics at church; it's awesome. This guy Sergio who's probably like 24 came up to us and told us he'd be down to come out to lessons with us once he got settled in. Then he asked us about the Young Single Adult program (like 4 times; he's a hunting), then he told us about all the fancy boots he has. haha So he's an interesting guy but he actually seems pretty cool.
Last night we had the Joseph Smith the prophet fireside which was super awesome! It was the Rob Gardner music production thing, with all sorts of instruments and legit singers. It was awesome, but at the same time Sunday nights are basically when all the Hispanics are actually home and everything so it was kind of a bummer we couldn't teach more last night.
Well that'll do it for this week! Love you cats.
Elder MacLay
| Luis is an investigator from Ecuador. |
| Raul is scheduled to be baptized October 17. He chose that day because it's his birthday. |
No comments:
Post a Comment