Monday, January 5, 2015

Week of January 5, 2015 "I've eaten about 300 tamales these last two weeks. Tis the season".


The Beach

I'm starting this off with something hilarious that happened to us. On Friday I went on a tradeoff with the Fort Walton district leader and he came up to Destin with me. We went to visit a lady, but she wasn't home and as we were leaving a guy next door started talking to us. He was drunk so I asked if we could come back a different day but he wanted us to go in and talk with him right then and there. He sat us down on his couch and the first thing he said was "I'm going to describe my life to you in a song." Then he turned on the song "Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty and was singing along during half of it. When it finished we sat in silence and he said "Every word of that song, describes my life EXACTLY" But he told us he was having a rough day and us showing up to his house was a sign and answer to him. When he said the closing prayer he said he "felt something tingling from above." He was a super nice guy and not too bad at singing.
We started teaching this guy George. He has a Filipino wife who's a member and they just moved here. He's gone to our church plenty of times and has been super prepared over the years. We set a baptismal date with him for Feb 1 and he said he's going to do everything it takes to make that date. We had an awesome lesson with him and we told him "We feel the Lord has really prepared you for this" and he said "I think so too, in fact I know so." He's a stud and came to church!  There's also the Spanish version of him, Jorge and his wife Teresa who are SO humble and the coolest people ever. They're our other main studs right now and we just have to help them out with the word of wisdom and baddaboom.
Other than that I've eaten about 300 tamales these last two weeks. Tis the season. 

Two recent converts and their daughter. Maricela, Mine, and Denny The one our age, Denny wants to get baptized and be a missionary but she left yesterday to college. Still gonna happen obvio

Roasting meatballs




No comments:

Post a Comment