Monday, May 18, 2015

Week of May 18, 2015 "This week will be Amparo's baptism".






Fam,
We had a little miracle happen this last week. There's a lady named Deni who is a family member of some recent converts. She was here pretty much right when I got to Destin but then left for school. She came back about a week and a half ago, but now the mom is working a ton and we weren't able to contact them to start teaching Deni. So in my prayers, I asked specifically to be able to visit Deni before that week ended. Then saturday morning, Maricela her mom called us and said "Oye, Deni's going to be home all day today, go have a lesson with her and Minerva." And baddaboom my prayers were answered and she's solid as a rock.

We taught at a combined zone conference this week, in which I got to see Elder Black and the back-from-the-dead Elder Lopez! That was the last time I'll see them on the mission so I got some pics too.

This week will be amparo's baptism. We finally made it. And maybe a guy named Craig as well. Amparo really wants to go to the temple and we were teaching her about temples and we read a scripture in mosiah 2 where the families opened their tents towards the temple to hear King Benjamin's speech. And Amparo was like, "Hey in the catholic church they face all their main doors to the churches towards rome. They must have copied Bejamin." Not quite but definitely the same idea.

That's all I've got for this week! Los quiero mucho!
Elder MacLay

Pics: Zone conference
We also said bye to our Moldovian investigator, she's moving this week.
The Reeves family in the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment