I made it!! This is my first p day so hopefully no one freaked out when it took me over a week to write. I have to go fast so excuse the typos.
Happy late bday padre!!!! And feliz dia de 'Murica!
My first week was awesome! My companion is Elder S. AKA Elder Chiste, Elder Batman, elder confuscious, spock, and jefe. And much more. He's awesome and I love him to death! We're pretty much the same person, especially since one of the biggest things we had to leave behind was our dungeons and dragons game, computer software, and star trek. In other words yes, we're complete opposites.
So I'm the district leader for my district! Which is all of the intermediate Spanish speakers! It's pretty sweet. I'm keeping things in order real good, and I basically run the entire MTC now. ha ha
I've memorized the first vision in Spanish, and the purpose of a missionary! It took me like an hour for both of them combined. Them gift of tongues my friend. It's fantastic. I can pray pretty well in Spanish and it's coming along really good! Praying in a different language makes each prayer super meaningful and thought out. Other than that, the language is frustrating but I'm getting a lot better.
I got to give a blessing to one of the sisters in my district already. Hermana Blood wasn't feeling good so me and Elder Ferguson, another chap, gave her a blessing.
We had a fake investigator this week named Marco Antonio. He was pretty good and we got him committed to baptism by the third lesson. It's so hard to try to find the things you want to say in Spanish when you're teaching someone. SO HARD. But me and Elder S did pretty good most of the lessons. When we taught him the restoration I dropped that first vision memorization on Marco so hard he didn't see it coming.
More about my companion. He's a super serious guy and he gets business done! He was home schooled and he's from Vermont. He's a legend of all legends. Hence the eight nicknames he has. He's super smart and you can tell he spent a little too much time studying instead of seeing what a social life has to offer... He has one of the worst stutters I've ever heard and that can be super frustrating in the lessons and stuff. But I love him and he's my man!
We were in the middle of a combined district meeting, and it got really silent all of the sudden. I was sitting next to my companion and he ripped a mean toot. That was one of the hardest things ever not to laugh. Especially because he hasn't stopped ripping them since. Once again, he's a man. Every night after we say our prayers together and everything, I get in the bottom bunk. Then I tell Elder S. I love him! So far, I've not gotten a peep back. One day. One day. And I freaked out because I almost lost him yesterday! We were in our residences and I guess he decided to run barefoot up and down the residences and stairs for exercise. Then he didn't come back ad we went searching for him. WE finally found him on the top floor sitting and pondering upon life's deep concerns.
Okay I love you all and that's all I have time for!! Hope you have a great week!
Ps. I was told I could write letters whenever I had extra time, even not on p days. So I cleared it up finally yesterday and it's not true... SO yeah. Goodbye. And someone make sure my mom gets this email in case I don't have the right address... Love you mom.
Happy late bday padre!!!! And feliz dia de 'Murica!
My first week was awesome! My companion is Elder S. AKA Elder Chiste, Elder Batman, elder confuscious, spock, and jefe. And much more. He's awesome and I love him to death! We're pretty much the same person, especially since one of the biggest things we had to leave behind was our dungeons and dragons game, computer software, and star trek. In other words yes, we're complete opposites.
So I'm the district leader for my district! Which is all of the intermediate Spanish speakers! It's pretty sweet. I'm keeping things in order real good, and I basically run the entire MTC now. ha ha
I've memorized the first vision in Spanish, and the purpose of a missionary! It took me like an hour for both of them combined. Them gift of tongues my friend. It's fantastic. I can pray pretty well in Spanish and it's coming along really good! Praying in a different language makes each prayer super meaningful and thought out. Other than that, the language is frustrating but I'm getting a lot better.
I got to give a blessing to one of the sisters in my district already. Hermana Blood wasn't feeling good so me and Elder Ferguson, another chap, gave her a blessing.
We had a fake investigator this week named Marco Antonio. He was pretty good and we got him committed to baptism by the third lesson. It's so hard to try to find the things you want to say in Spanish when you're teaching someone. SO HARD. But me and Elder S did pretty good most of the lessons. When we taught him the restoration I dropped that first vision memorization on Marco so hard he didn't see it coming.
More about my companion. He's a super serious guy and he gets business done! He was home schooled and he's from Vermont. He's a legend of all legends. Hence the eight nicknames he has. He's super smart and you can tell he spent a little too much time studying instead of seeing what a social life has to offer... He has one of the worst stutters I've ever heard and that can be super frustrating in the lessons and stuff. But I love him and he's my man!
We were in the middle of a combined district meeting, and it got really silent all of the sudden. I was sitting next to my companion and he ripped a mean toot. That was one of the hardest things ever not to laugh. Especially because he hasn't stopped ripping them since. Once again, he's a man. Every night after we say our prayers together and everything, I get in the bottom bunk. Then I tell Elder S. I love him! So far, I've not gotten a peep back. One day. One day. And I freaked out because I almost lost him yesterday! We were in our residences and I guess he decided to run barefoot up and down the residences and stairs for exercise. Then he didn't come back ad we went searching for him. WE finally found him on the top floor sitting and pondering upon life's deep concerns.
Okay I love you all and that's all I have time for!! Hope you have a great week!
Ps. I was told I could write letters whenever I had extra time, even not on p days. So I cleared it up finally yesterday and it's not true... SO yeah. Goodbye. And someone make sure my mom gets this email in case I don't have the right address... Love you mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment