Alright well last P-day we got to watch fireworks at night for 4th of July! And we watched 17 miracles with everyone. That's a tear jerker. I was drowning in tears. Not my tears though; they were Elder S... Oh and the highlight of that day was I made friends with a very, very swollen Tongan elder. And he worked out with me and I crushed him in a wall sit competition. Yes mother, a real Tongan.
Alright the teachers here are the bombest. Basically any question you have about teaching lessons, they turn into a life-changing talk. They are full of sweet, sweet wisdom that blows my mind entirely.
So my companion Elder S thinks he's some kind of psychologist. He keeps telling me how much he can read into people. For example, this is what he said about a sister in our district: "I can tell from the hollow look in her eyes that she's lost something dear to her recently, and hasn't gotten over it." And he thinks he knows everyone's life story just by their eyes, so I have to tell him to stop reading into people because he's most likely way off, and it freaks me out.
And also, Elder S wanted me to do a comb-over part with my hair like his. And I did for a day. But I also made him let me do his hair, and I spiked it up. He changed it back after three hours because he wasn't being true to his family heritage and he couldn't change the person that he is. It's just a part of him. when we were in a devotional, there was a super funny speaker and elder sawyer was in love. After one of the speaker's jokes elder sawyer released the cracken of all laughs. It was literally just a giant "PPPPFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!" For like ten seconds long. I don't actually know if that even counts as a laugh.
So every day is super different with Spanish. Some days I feel like I'm a native brown skinner, but then other days I feel useless. It's basically dependent on how the lessons with the fake investigators go. But I've learned a ton on how to begin the teaching and it's so helpful! And I've learned how much it helps to just challenge people to be baptized on the first visit. I'm totally doing it, and it works. I used to think it was ridiculous, but things changed here in the MTC.... Things change.
Okay get this. We have room inspections every Tuesday, and they're super hard to get good grades on. That is, if you're name's not Elder MacLay! We got a commendable, which means perfect. It actually isn't a big deal at all, but there's not a ton to get excited about.
My new favorite thing to say is "Santa Vaca". It means "holy cow" if you translate it directly. But my teacher told me that it wasn't actually a phrase in Spanish. I'm still using it though. Okay that's all I've got for today! I love you guys and miss you! Write and email me!
No comments:
Post a Comment