Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 4 MTC. . . "I don't have time for emails so letters are better".


 
Trevin wearing Rick Martinsen's special missionary tie.  It was worn by Rick Martinsen (Stuart's business partner) back in the 60's on a New York Mission.  It has been given to missionaries close to Rick throughout the years and been to several countries and continents.  Trevin feels honored to be given the opportunity to represent.  It's one of his favorite ties.  The 60's are back!
 
 
Hello, Hello!

This week was awesome like always! We got a new Elder in our district Elder Bringhurst. He's awesome, but he's still kind of quiet since he's new. We're halfway done with the MTC time! The days basically just consist of studying personal study, and classroom time in between meals and exercise.

Okay so this week we made a barber shop quartet with me, Elder S, Hill, and Taylor. We sung "Lead Kindly Light" in Spanish, and some other ones, and we sound like N'Sync only ten times better. It's awesome.

We tried to vacuum our room this week, and when Elder Haynie turned it on, the bag just exploded with dust. There was a massive cloud of dust and now we all live in a giant bag of dust. haha We're never vacuuming again.

It's super hard to stay awake in the classes because they're three hours long, twice a day. So, my teacher quietly told me I could stand up while we were doing personal study. And so I did, but nobody knew what I was doing. So they thought I was going to give some huge revelation that I just received in my study, and it took me like 15 seconds to realize everyone was staring up at me and waiting. It was a great time.

Okay, for Elder S. He was rambling off with some technology stuff again, and then I asked him if my alarm clock could be turned into a strobe light. He told me he could do it f he had a "rebooter cord transfigurator and some circuit inogulations." Something like that. And so we're basically going to turn our room into a party room with disco balls emerging from the walls, and some rappity hippity hop church hymns. Haha. . . .Some day.  Elder S has also bought like three Dutch books. Good thing we're learning Spanish... I guess learning Spanish wasn't good enough because he's trying to learn Dutch now. His wisdom is beyond me.

Story time again. . .  I heard Elder S talking with two other guys by the water fountain outside of our room. So I went out there to see what was wrong and the water fountain was super hot. Elder S was taking care of business by scraping the dust and junk that was under the bottom of the fountain with a pencil. He explained to me why the water fountain was having problems. I basically just said "Well cool, I'm glad you found one of my pencils." He was totally scraping off all the crap with my pencil! It was hilarious. He responded by saying nothing. Haha

Next story. Elder S was super tired one day during our computer lab language time. So he took a mean snooze. Underneath the table.... It was great. Then later that day, another guy in my district was on lds.org during language time because his wasn't working. Elder S was like, "Okay guys, let's remember what time it is, and make sure we're studying the language." Then Elder Ferguson (the other guy) was like "Sawyer, you were sleeping underneath the table earlier, you don't need to scold me for my computer not working." hahaha Gold.

Okay, there's a guy in our zone who's signed onto some college to play basketball. He's apparently super good but he won't play during gym time because he says "nobody in the MTC is good..." So humble it hurts.

I love you guys! Send me letters! I don't have time for emails so letters are better.

Here is my address:

Elder Trevin Malcolm MacLay

AUG06 FL-TAL

2009 North 900 East, Unit 163

Provo UT 84602

 
Adios!

Elder MacLay
 
    Study time on lds.org . . . .Sometimes a power nap under the table is necessary.


    Elder MacLay & Elder Smith

    P-Day (Preparation Day) Elder MacLay, Morin(?), Conrad and Womack (l to r)


   Elder MacLay & S with Sisters from their District
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment