EMAIL DATED DECEMBER 2, 2013
This week was pretty solid! Not the best but not the worst. We thought a bunch of people from english class were going to go to church but nobody came except for Daniel! More solid people are coming to the English class that are more open to coming to church and stuff. THey just haven't really done it yet... haha
We didn't see Raul this week! He was working pretty late, and we don't know why he didn't come to church. It was probably for a good reason though, because he's pretty whipped by his girlfriend even though she's in a different country. haha
Daniel is doing pretty good. He fasted yesterday even though his member sister didn't! Daniel knows way more about the gospel than his sister even though his sister's a member. Daniel's a dang smart guy. He was explaining in church yesterday to his sister what a covenant was, and he pretty much already knows everything. He just wants to read more of the book of mormon and figure out if he thinks it's true or not. So this week we're going to try to take out this guy named Bro Kline to a lesson, because he knows all these crazy cool facts about the Book of Mormon.
We taught this girl named Cindy this week and she seems pretty awesome! It was our second lesson, we taught the plan of salvation, and she even read the Book of Mormon! She read a little bit and we were super pumped because NOBODY ever reads the dang book no matter what emphasis we put on it. haha So it was awesome, and she had a ton of good questions.
We saw Maria and Carlos this week after not seeing them for a couple weeks. We set a baptismal date for December 28 if they feel ready by then. Maria has read, Carlos hasn't. Maria will probably progress a little faster because Carlos is a bum sometimes. haha He's the funniest guy ever though.
Yolanda is doing super good! She worked during church so couldnt come but she did want to. Two weeks ago I promised her that if she puts in an effort in reading and praying and going to church, she would see a change in her family. Because she was strugglin a lot with her husband, and was hoping for help. So yesterday she told us that she's really seen a change in the family and in her husband. I was pumped. We asked her how she felt about baptism and she told us not totally ready yet. She said she knows she'll want to do it but doesn't know when she'll feel ready. It was funny, she compared it to when you are dating someone that you know you'll marry, but you want to wait before you marry them. haha
This week was flippin cold. Elder Bravo doesn't have a sweater so I let him borrow mine one day, since hispanics can't take cold at all. But then we were biking in 40 degree weather and I had a short sleeve on since I had already used all my long sleeve. But it's all good because Elder Bravo got the sweater situation taken care of and I won't freeze again. haha I think Lopez and Bravo were still colder than me even with the sweaters. Hispanics man...
Story time. We met this other guy named Raul this week, and he was super nice and invited us in. He told us he'd been reading the pamphlets other churches gave him, and he likes to read the bible. So when we were teaching the restoration, I handed him my bible to read a scripture. Then he looked at it, and was acting like he was reading it in his head. Then I asked him to please read it out loud. And he was like, "Oh the thing is that I can't read..." haha I was like uhhhh what was all that bible reading talk then. People are funny. But anyways that's it for this week! Love you guys!
Elder MacLay
No comments:
Post a Comment