Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Monday, December 16, 2013 "We got Elder Rios-Lazo!"

Elder Lopez, Elder MacLay, Elder Rios-Lazo, Elder Bravo


We got Elder Rios-Lazo! He's from LA but lived in queen creek for 4 years for high school before he left. Represent AZ! He's a super cool guy and he was actually Elder Bravo's mtc companion. I like him a lot and I've learned a ton from him already.

This week was pretty good. We had some pretty good lessons, but we didn't even see Raul or Daniel. Raul's missing in action, and he hasn't been to church in 3 weeks because I think he's been working. Daniel might have a job at Sears but he wasn't home when we passed by this week a couple times. 
We taught Fanny from our English class, and she's pretty awesome. We've only had one lesson, but I think she'll progress too. 

Cindy is doing okay...She's kinda going in circles and keeps confusing herself on the purpose of the Book of Mormon, the purpose of one true church, and other things. A lot of people we meet just think all you need is to believe in Christ but the church doesn't matter. I think Javier has been lying about reading the Book of Mormon, but we had a lesson with him yesterday. His friend was over and his friend just talked for about an hour and a half. But don't worry, we got a couple sentences in... 
Someone hit our dang car again!! It's the second dent now, and it's not that far away from the first. WE actually didnt notice it for a little while, but after a few hours of it happening, we were knocking a door across the street. Then, Elder Rios-Lazo was like"Wow, so they hit you guys pretty good then." And I looked over at the car and I was like"Yeah it's a good little dent. Wait a second...." THen I realized we were hit again! haha 

We saw Maria again this week. She fed us tamales and she's doing okay too. 
The people we're teaching didn't really progress too much this week so it was kind of a bummer. 
I don't have too much more time today, but I have a Sister Gomez story! So we were in Family home evening last monday, and Joel was teaching the lesson. Then Sister Gomez's phone went off, and she flipped out. She kept apologizing and she was super embarassed. Then I looked over at her, and she had her eyes close and her hands clasped together and she was praying and asking for forgiveness. haha She repented for her phone going off right then and there. It was funny.

But anyways I hope you all have a great week! I don't have time to write much this week. Love you!
Elder MacLay





No comments:

Post a Comment