Monday, December 1, 2014

Week of December 1, 2014 "Feliz Tanksgibing"!

Feliz Tanksgibing! 

We had an awesome thanksgiving, with a Spanish meal and an American meal. 

I went on two tradeoffs this week. Those are fun because most of the time I have an English companion for the day. It's pretty much always the same experience of them telling me how much of the Spanish lessons they understood and all that even though they don't speak it. In one lesson, the investigator asked my zone leader to say the opening prayer. I told him "they want you to say it", and his nervous response was "Oh uhhh in English or Spanish?" I held back the sarcasm and told him "English will be just fine".

I gave the LONGEST talk in sacrament meeting. There was supposed to be me, an 11 year old, and a lady speaking. In the english branch, there's not a lot of members so the sacrament is finished about 20 after the hour. So that gives a solid 45 minutes that need to be filled up. So when the lady called in sick, it was me, the 11 year old, and some volunteer to share a quick scripture. And the 11 year old almost didnt show up. I think I lasted a solid 25 minutes before I couldn't ramble anymore. haha But it was actually a pretty solid talk, only one person drooled but he was asleep ten minutes into the meeting anyways.

We helped a member and his family all Saturday with cleaning and clearing out a room. Wowsas, I've never heard so much spanglish in my life. Apparently it's the cool thing to do when you switch back and forth as often and as fast as possible from spanish to english. Estaba tratando de keep up con them pero es que I couldn't. 

There's a sweet video on lds.org or mormon.org called He is the Gift. Share it with the whole world, it's for anyone that believes in Christ. He was the first gift of Christmas and that can't be forgotten this month as we celebrate it. 

I love you all!

Elder MacLay

No comments:

Post a Comment