Hermanos en Cristo Jesus, Senor de los ejercitos
Last sunday night we were out trying to visit people with one of my favorite people ever Luis. The family we tried to visit wasn't home so we were about to leave in the Luis' big ol painter vanmobile. We saw a mexicano talking on his phone in the trailer close by. We had been to this place about ten times but for some reason we had never knocked the guy's door or anything. I thought "welll he's on the phone, it's not the best opportunity to talk with him." But. I try to fear no man haha so I went and basically just got his name and number and let him get on with his phone call and forgot about the guy. The next day, we had an appointment with a guy named Claudio and his wife and we showed up to it with a different member. Nothing. Nobody answered so we called and Claudio said "I'm in the house of my amigo" So I was like ay ay ay, "Is there another day we can come by?" And he was like "Just come on over to my friend's house! I'll pass the phone over so he can give you his address." The guy picks up and he introduces himself as Hector Martinez. I knew I had heard that name but couldn't think of who it was. Then he said, I think I met you guys just last night, and I remembered it was the guy we stopped to talk to! Then we went over and had a powerful lesson with his family and also Caudio. It was a crazy coincidence, but it wasn't really a coincidence at the same time, since you know.. God. It really pays off to just open your mouth to everyone because there might never be the perfect situation or opportunity. You just have to make it perfect.
We had a saweet zone training this week. I was happy with how it went. Also went on two tradeoffs this week with missionaries from my zone. Learned how to make tamales. Then forgot how to make tamales. I got to eat some din din with my beloved Jose Torres from fort walton.
The Gordillo family here in Destin (the one with the daughter that asked me to baptized when I was in Fort Walton) just went through the temple and was sealed for time and all eternity!! Miracles. They're doing awesome and I was so happy for them.
I love you have an awesome week hermanos
Elder MacLay
No comments:
Post a Comment