Monday, April 13, 2015

Week of April 13, 2015 "I encourage anyone who wants to find more faith to start with a prayerful and sincere study of the Book of Mormon."








Chicken feet. I ate that.
It was yum.
Flemings steakhouse. I ate that too.
It was much better.

Welp. The weirdest thing ever happened to us yesterday. We were walking in a neighborhood and saw 4 people hanging out in their garage. Everything started off just a normal conversation then turned to multiple wives, then before we knew it the daughter was crying, the dad was slamming the door while cussing at his wife, and the wife was having a huge meltdown. I was just thankful we got out of there alive. It was the epitome of "well, that escalated quickly".

We had a lot of doors slammed in our face this week but I'm far past numb to that. Some guy was actually so startled to see us when he answered the door he started backing it up while waving his arm in a no and it looked like he was doing the "nay-nay" as he slammed the door.

We had zone training this week. We taught some new ideas of what we call "spiritual uppercuts" on how we can be more effective in our teaching. Then we started this thing in our zone where everyone has "hometeaching routes" and they are assigned a different companionship every week in order to call them and ask them for a miracle that they had throughout the week, along with a fun question that we provide. It's helping our zone get more unified and we're feeling the love. There's 31 peoples in my zone right now.

Other good quotes and highlights from the week... We walked in a house and a kid came running over and said "Ohhh officers!"

We heard another uplifting "border-crossing" from Mexico story where a guy we are teaching had to drink his own pee to survive.

Something I've been trying to work on since general conference is improving my fasts, along with prayerful study of the Book of Mormon. It was a huge answer to my prayers about how to strengthen my faith and testimony. I encourage anyone who wants to find more faith to start with a prayerful and sincere study of the Book of Mormon and to fast. It works. I love you!

Elder MacLay

No comments:

Post a Comment