Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week of April 27, 2015 "Elias in Quincy was baptized!"



P-Day at the beach with the zone.


Buen dia.

Quote of the week from the pulpit: "Because of the example Jesus set noones comes close to Him. Except for maybe John F. Kennedy.. But Jesus is still like 10 times that."  False.

This week was nuts blessed. We got transfer news and I'm staying here in destin for my last 6 weeks! I would have surely shed tears if it would have been any different.

We did what we call "family history week" in our zone, where we tried to put a lot of emphasis on family history booths, pedigree charts, etc. to find more people to teach. we were way blessed in the zone and us as a companionship. There were so many instances when we brought up family history with people and they were like "Oh, I actually was about to start that about 2 weeks ago, funny you guys should mention it." 

Elias in Quincy was baptized! Wooooot

The baptism... Amparo's baptism didn't happen this week. Her hubby Jose fell and had to go to the hospital and we weren't able to meet with her. But we'll hopefully get it done this week. We also have some other people getting prepared to get baptized within the next 6 weeks. Too many good things happening down here.  

I have a mandolin now. Given to me by someone in our zone. Just like that.  I got it when I went on a tradeoff to Defuniak Springs. That is the most redneck place I've ever been and it was my first time. Holy moly, I felt out of place. We taught one guy who was rocking light brown cowboy boots, red short shorts, and a short sleeve blue collared shirt halfway buttoned down. It was a sight to see.
Love you!

Elder MacLay

Me and the Mandolin


No comments:

Post a Comment