Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"I'm not lying, that's my number, call me right now, I'll show you".

This week was pretty alright... Not a ton of exciting things happened this week. Yesterday we had a super awesome day planned, and everything fell through pretty much. We wanted to visit this guy Brother Ponce, and his girlfriend Carmen. They live like 50minutes away though so we can't visit them that often. Carmen isn't a member but goes to church like every week with Bro Ponce. So we probably just need to teach her the lessons when we can and she'll be baptized. But, we got to the house after all that driving, and Carmen was sick... It was a scheduled lesson and everything but I guess bro ponce didn't know we wanted to meet more with Carmen AND him... But we'll try next week or something.

Jose and Yolanda are still super awesome! Yolanda started coming to the English class, and we started teaching Jose's sister and husband too this week. They live next door and are super awesome also. I love teaching them a ton and they're super smart and they just need to keep their reading commitments a little more and we'll be good to go I think.

Daniel came to church this week, but his baptism this Saturday isn't going to happen. He's still having a bunch of doubts and everything, so we'll push it back some more.

Transfers are going to be next Wednesday on the 30 or something I believe. So I would suggest sending letters and packages to the mission home instead of directly to the apartment for now, in case I get transferred. I don't know if that's gonna happen though. Elder Bravo got a letter saying that he's going to be training another person starting next transfer. I won't be a trainee anymore! I think the guy's from Honduras, but has lived in Tampa Florida for a while. So his mission will be in the same state that he lives. haha

I don't know what happened with Jorge this week, but we haven't been able to get a hold of him. So hopefully we're able to see what's going on this week.

We met another Hispanic guy this week who couldn't read. But he was nice. He was basically just dissing on white people the whole time we were talking to him. Which was kind of weird since I was on a tradeoff with Elder Degroff and we're both white. But then he gave us his number, and was like "I'm not lying, that's my number, call me right now, I'll show you". haha

That's about it for this week... I'm hoping we have a better week this week. Peace love you guys!
Elder MacLay

No comments:

Post a Comment