Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"I'm staying in Fort Walton again . . .with Elder Bravo and we're getting a trio"!

English Class

Elder Bravo, Mr Krueger and Elder MacLay

Muchachos!

I'm staying in Fort Walton again!! what what. It's what I wanted to do for sure, and we're going to be getting a new guy too that we'll be training! So me and Elder Bravo are staying and we're getting a trio here!

This week was pretty sweet. Mainly because...... RAUL"S BACK! He's done working in Mississippi so he'll be staying here for a while (we hope), and he's going to be baptized on the 16 November. He called us on Tuesday night and he told us he was back and wanted a lesson right then and there. And we were trying to visit someone else before a dinner appointment, but they weren't home. So we booked it over to his house on our bikes like nobody's ever booked it before.

Sad news. Jorge's been avoiding us so we're going to drop him for a little bit and try later. That was a bummer since he seemed super super solid. And also Ceaser told us he's not returning until February... So we won't see him either. he was even more solid, but he's a gonner.

We had level 3 Spanish class graduation this week! That went good, we had a little party and it was a fun time. There's a picture of those who graduated that I'll send.

There was this girl we finally were able to have a lesson with this week, Alejandra. It was a good lesson, and she speaks English pretty good too. She has a daughter who's so crazy and rowdy, and it was hilarious because we had our Spanish scriptures, so that's what we used. And when Elder Bravo started speaking in Spanish, the little girl started laughing and pointing at him, and then she's like "he doesn't speak Spanish!' haha Elder Bravo speaks fine but she was just so amazed that she didn't believe we spoke Spanish.

We thought we were going to have a ton of investigators at church yesterday, like 6 or 7... But we only had two so that was a bummer. That's a good amount and all, but we had a bunch of people tell us they were set on going and it just didn't happen. Daniel and Raul came though.

We had a hilarious lesson this week with Vidal, one of the guys we met that can't read. We tried to teach him the restoration, but he would NOT stop talking for his life. He was just an angry guy. He kept on saying stuff like "People think because I don't know how to read, and I don't know how to write, that I'm stupid! RACISMS!" He kept saying racisms instead of racists... And then he told us about a time when he was in church, and he was sleeping, and some guy nudged him awake. And that made the guy flippin furious, and he rambled off for minutes on how ridiculous it was that somebody would do that to him. Long story short, that was the last of our visits to Vidal M.

I'm pumped I'm staying in Fort Walton! Love you all and have a great week!

Elder MacLay

Pics: Bowling, English class, and the Juice Mobile. I have no idea what being juiced means, but it's kinda a big phrase here among a certain African American culture.

Bowling. . . it's for fun!

Being juiced is a big phrase around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment